When stonemason Owen Gethin Jones was at work in 1868, leading the build on the beautiful railway station at Betws-y-Coed, little can he have imagined that one day it would house boutique holiday accommodation.
Visitors arriving by train then were lured by the waterfalls and rivers, byways and old ways, mountains and castles of Snowdonia. Today is no different. Whilst enjoying the freedom to explore the National Park and beyond, we want you to also have the benefit of a home from home at the Alpine Apartments.
Created by the artist, photographer and environmentalist Jacha Potgieter (www.jacha.co.uk), these stylish spaces have been designed with his global eye. Each speaks of the exotic climes and cultures he has experienced. We feel sure that, along with the romantic hidden valleys, glacial lakes and deep forests of the area, the experience of staying within them will linger long after leaving.
Our News and Alpine Apartments in the Press
We’ve been busy lately. Here’s a summary:
- We feature in You Well's Best Forest Getaways article, May 2022.
- The Apartments were featured in The Independent on Sunday, March 2016.
- We were featured in December’s issue of Lonely Planet Magazine.
- Read about the apartments, the station and Jacha in the September 2014 edition of Cheshire Life.
- We have a general open day on Sat 5th April 2014 - all welcome.
- Jacha has opened Platform Galeri.
- Our Alpine Coffee Shop has had a complete re-fit.
- We are now on One Off Places.
- Condé Nast have also recommended us.
- Here’s a video from when Heart FM came to stay.
- And here we are on Travelling Greener.
Luxury Accommodation in Betws-y-Coed
Our dog-friendly, family-friendly, self-catering apartments offer a more luxurious and vibrant alternative to cottages and traditional Betws-y-Coed accommodation.